Family Kindness Challenge

My mom used to put notes in our lunchbox from time to time. I don't place notes into my own kids' lunches every day, but I do write out a silly or funny or heartwarming one on days they go on field trips. I'd like to think that the notes make them take a part of me with them, even if I can't be a chaperone for that day.

Thinking of notes in the lunchbox is a great way to introduce Lunchbox Love. If you haven't heard of this site, go ahead and check it out. Lots going on over there, that's for sure, namely, some great lunchbox notes. And because I like to think of myself as a mostly sunny, half-full kind of person, the type who enjoys positivity and a clean new slate (much like a new year can bring), I'm sending you that way to sign up for their Family Kindness Challenge.

What's it all about? If you're lazy like I am sometimes, I'll bring the news to you, as taken from the website:
By signing up for the Kindness Challenge, beginning Monday, January 5 you will receive a daily email for 32 days with a simple, inexpensive (usually completely free) act of kindness for you and your family to do. Then, join us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and share what you did, how it made you feel, or show us with a photo, using the hashtag #LBLKindnessChallenge. The challenge will culminate just before the beginning of International Random Acts of Kindness Week. At the end of the challenge, four challenge participants will be chosen at random to win some great prizes. So grab your spouse and kids and let’s get started. You won’t believe how great you’ll feel while making someone else’s day!
Had I written the paragraph above, I'd have added a few more exclamation points to that last sentence. But I didn't, so you'll have to deal with the grammatically correct one exclamation. However, think of these little acts of kindness as an exclamation in your otherwise mundane day. I mean, who doesn't want to spread a little love?

(Can you tell I went back to work today? That I've had a few too many sips of a caffeinated beverage? That I'm reaching for something, anything, to keep me from slipping away into the abyss that is basic human anatomy and physiology?)

If you sign up for the challenge, I'd love to hear about your experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status