Livin' the Dream

"Welcome to Huntington," the bank teller said. "How are you?"

"Great, thank you. And you?" I asked.

The young man paused and a thoughtful look passed across his face. "Livin' the dream. We'll be right with you."

The man's co-worker threw him a side glance that spoke volumes: Are you crazy? it said. Livin' the dream? Who says that to a customer?

I laughed and said, "That's wonderful, and thank you."

And I meant what I said. As I stood rooted to my spot and after Judy, another bank teller, called me to the front, I thought to myself about the man's words. I had the impression he meant what he said...the delivery of his line held sincerity to it. This guy considered himself a happy fellow. He really was living his dream: decent job, nice co-workers, thankful to be alive. On a dreary day like yesterday, I appreciated his words. They coaxed a smile from my lips for much of the day.

So ask yourself, are you living the dream? Are you happy with yourself? Are you thankful for what you have? Are you livin' the dream?

I am.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status