Dear Agent, Part III

Dear Agent,

I know you've heard enough from me, so I'll keep this message short and sweet.

Please do not advertise that you "will respond in a timely fashion to every query" unless you plan on following through with those words. And I don't think that six months time (or more) would be considered a "timely fashion" by anyone I know. (I mean, if my children arrived six months late...You see where I'm going?) Furthermore, if you don't plan on responding at all, I can respect that decision. But change your submission guidelines to include a phrase stating, "while all submissions will be read, only those that we feel strongly about will be responded to."

I appreciate your time and effort, and can only hope that my simple letter will spur you to look again at your website. (And yes, I checked my spam folder. Thank you.)

Sincerely,

CMC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status