Read It?

I LOVE books. If you cannot tell that by now, methinks you have not been paying attention. The only thing I love more than books is my family. I think. (Just kidding.)

One of the things I love about books is how I can be captured by the words. I can be reeled into the story, or the feeling, or the image on a page. I can be taken in and seriously spend some time there, wherever there is. And when I do that, I find that other people think the same way...that the words I like and want to treasure have been treasured by someone else.

Such is this quote:
But we do wake, each of us, to find things have gone differently. The love we thought had killed us has not killed us after all, and the dream we had for ourselves has shifted elsewhere, like a planet our starship is set for; we have but to lift our heads and right ourselves, move toward it once again and start the day. We will not get there in our lifetime, and some would say: What's the point? A journey to stars that no one will see but our children's children? To see the shape of life, is all we answer. ~Andrew Sean Greer, The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells
And because I've now quoted twice from that book, I'll stop. I'll leave you to decide if you'd like to read the story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status