Remember This?

Work today was rough. I had my last lecture on the endocrine system and then I proctored an exam and gave makeup quizzes. I went from one room to the next, hurrying to get papers put away and tests into testing centers. By the time I got in my car to come home, my skin tingled with the feeling of having too much to do, and I knew once I made it to the house, I'd have dinner to start and grades to put into the computer before the kids came home. I felt the need to speed on the road, just to get some of my energy out...to find relaxation where none had been. But I don't speed, so instead, I sat back with good smoke and rolled down the windows.

Okay, I don't smoke, either. Instead, I took a swig of water and turned on the 1980s rewind. In one moment, I found relaxation in the form of laughter.

Now, don't get me wrong...just like this blog will not become a recipe blog, this blog will also not become overrun with YouTube videos. But this classic one-hit-wonder pulled me back to another life, so to speak, one in which my only care in the world was whether or not my little sister still adored me.

Enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status