Eye Opening Experience

Dear Dr. B,

I don't remember exactly when we found you, but we've gone to your office for quite a while now. And considering that five out of six of us currently wear glasses, I want you to know that the yacht you just put a down payment on? Yeah, we helped pay for that.

I'm just letting you know of my displeasure in the amount of time we had to wait, yet again, at your office. It seems that over the last year or so, we spend more time in the waiting room than we do actually seeing you. Several months ago, I waited almost a half hour past my appointment time. And today? Today we waited 47 minutes, at which point I walked up to the receptionist and told her that I'd reschedule for another day.

"You're the next to be called," she said.

It didn't matter, Dr. B. I'd been sitting in that waiting room for 47 minutes. I knew how many minutes passed between patients and I had no intention of waiting one hour or more past my appointment time to see you. Because you and I both know that the wait could possibly be that long.

Upon hearing me, another receptionist piped up, "Sorry we're running behind."

I don't know what I said to her in return--something polite of course--but her words infuriated me. I don't understand why someone, anyone, didn't let us know when we checked in that you were running so far behind. Had I known, I could have done one of many things. Like call the kids and tell them we were choosing to wait, and we'd be home later than I thought. Or ask if they could text me when I was second in line so I could go home and fold some laundry (we live five minutes away). In the 47 minutes I waited, I could have even headed across the street to buy school supplies--something I really need to do, and soon! You see, Dr. B, it's the little things. Little things like being kind to your patients and realizing that they have time tables, too.

What makes matters worse is that about 20 minutes into our wait, another woman checked in at the receptionist and asked if you were backed up. Do you know what the receptionist said to her? "We're a little behind, but not much."

Oh, honey, I wanted to say. They're so far behind they don't want to even tell you. I refrained from saying anything, but that's when I made up my mind. If they didn't take us by 3:30 p.m., we were going to leave.

At this point you might be wondering if I have plans to reschedule that appointment I canceled. All I can say is this: are you f^%&ing crazy? You think I have more time to waste on you? (Sorry. As you can tell, I'm still a little sore from yesterday's wait). To be honest, I don't think we will. I know of another doctor who I like just as much. Sure, she's farther away, but she has weekend hours (great for the kids) and runs mostly on time. I think that those two factors are good enough reasons to walk away from your office. I wish you well and hope you have enough patients to outfit that yacht exactly how you'd like.

Sincerely,
Christina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status