Captain's Log, Day 16

You wanna know how the 16th day went?

This is still the month of November and I have so much of it left, I could do some real work on that draft that I have sitting on my desktop. And yet, I could not do some real work, too. That's what I did yesterday. I got up early still, but DID NOT work on my manuscript. I messed around on some websites, sent a few outstanding emails, and window shopped online. And once everyone had left for school, I took a trip to the grocery store, dropped off a small present at a friend's house, picked up some Christmas decorations, made some soup, baked some cookies, and put together an exam for my lecture class.

Toward the end of the afternoon, when I began to feel guilty that I should do something to make the manuscript better, I went back and worked on it. How many words did I add? A measly 678 words. And I'm okay with that number. Because sometime soon, when I have the chance, I'll make a new goal of revising and try to kick that one out of the water, too.

In the meantime, fellow writers, keep up the great work. I hope you find your muse today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status