(2016 NaNoWriMo) Captain's Log, Day 10

Author's Note: The plan for November is to update my readers on my daily NaNoWriMo progress. It's a way to connect with you, of course, but it helps keep me accountable, too. Please also note that I've added the date that NaNoWriMo predicts I will be done, assuming I keep my pace.

The tally:

1. How many words I wrote on November 10, 2016. 3001
2. Did I make the word count goal for the day (1667 words)? Yes
3. Am I on track to finish by November 30, 2016? Yes
4. I will finish by: November 16, 2016 (I didn't write enough to stay on track for the 15th.)

Distracting thought of my day: My competition with myself. I have buddies who are also participating in NaNoWriMo. They are all doing very well, but how well? I can't tell you. I don't check their word counts as those numbers mean nothing to me. But my own numbers? Well, I'm constantly thinking, how many more numbers can I post? And while I didn't think I could replicate last year's success and finish 50,000 words in two weeks, if I ask for a bit of time this weekend and post some mammoth numbers, I just might be able to do it.

Does it really matter if I finish those 50,000 words on day 14 or day 30? No. So please someone tell my brain that.

 By the way, Happy Veterans Day. Go thank a veteran. They deserve all that and more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status