(2016 NaNoWriMo) Captain's Log, Day 8

(Author's Note: The plan for November is to update my readers on my daily NaNoWriMo progress. It's a way to connect with you, of course, but it helps keep me accountable, too. Please also note that I've added the date that NaNoWriMo predicts I will be done, assuming I keep my pace.)

The tally:

1. How many words I wrote on November 8, 2016. 6059 (That's a new record for me.)
2. Did I make the word count goal for the day (1667 words)? Yes
3. Am I on track to finish by November 30, 2016? Yes
4. I will finish by: November 16, 2016

Distracting thought of my day: The election, of course! And because I was trying to avoid social media all day, and blessed by the fact that my children were home and occupied, I poured all of my energy into writing (as evidenced by my word count). And by energy, I really do mean ALL of it: I began at 4:56 a.m. and wrote until 5:56 a.m. I left for work early so that I had another 45 minutes to write before teaching lab. While Melina was playing with a friend, I wrote some more. And when I had only 818 words to go until I hit the 25,000 mark, I realized that I had a new goal for the day: to reach that milestone. But then, I wrote beyond it and reminded myself that I only needed about another 1,000 words to reach 26,000, so I moved my goal again. (I could have kept going, actually, but I had to prepare for work this morning.)

All that writing has tired me out. Maybe I'll rest a bit today. (Maybe.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrity Status